Monday, April 8, 2013

Project Proposal #1... sorta

So this post is gonna be pretty informal as I am still trying to mull some things over as far as my first project goes. I know that I want to use this opportunity to try my hand at a gorgeous art field that I've been timid to try, and that's hand drawn, Victorian era signage. I know it is a difficult medium that takes patience and a skilled hand and I'm hoping my cartooning backgroud will help in that process some. I am currently toying with the idea of doing my thesis on the topic so I think this is a good way to test that water and possible change/refine it before it is too late.

For a client I know I want to stay away from the traditional Beer/Liquor label as I would say that today, that is the only real commonplace realm where this kind of typography still lives. I want to apply it to a company with an interesting history but a branding that is very different. That way I can demonstrate the different tone and feel this beautiful, traditional way of working can have on a otherwise sterile or simple logo. I'm leaning towards a company like say Wells Fargo, Pillsbury or JP Morgan.

I want to bounce around potential clients with a few peers before I narrow it down since this is going to be a very time consuming, labor intensive project. In the mean time, here's some examples of what I'm after.






No comments:

Post a Comment