Thursday, July 21, 2011

My First Compost Modern Poster

Alright as per an assignment in another class. We needed to develop two different 11 X 17 posters for Compost Modern. For those of you who may not know, Compost Modern is a yearly conference held in San Francisco that is all about how we as designers can be more sustainable. Kind of a "go green" meeting for all of us artsy types. So with that in mind here's my first poster.



It all started as this:

A pretty simple tree that I inked with some india ink and a sable brush. Once I scanned that in, I tinted the lines dark green. I then made several copies which I manipulated in various ways to make the tree line in the background. Filled that with the dark green and added the ground and sky colors. Next I added the light green fill to the tree, turned it with perspective tool and added the "kickstand". I then made a few copies of that in perspective and then I added my text and clouds. Throw a couple of grunge effects on the top layer and with the lasso tool remove some of the color from various parts of the piece to add some more distressing and there you have it. Print number 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment