Friday, July 22, 2011

My second Compost Modern 2012 print

Good lord was this one more work then I thought it would be going in. Still though, I do really dig what came out. Between the two I think this is my favorite (but again that could just be the work I put into it talking.)




Over the course of my work load I did lose some of my steps in progress, but I can show you how it started:




All of these elements were drawn on bristol and then inked with india ink and a sable brush. I then used Photoshop to clean up the lines (a metric F@$% ton) and tinted them. Then it was a simple matter of selecting my palette, coloring, and shading the piece. In total this one took about 10-12 hours to complete. That's a little long for me as far as projects go, but most of that time was spent trying to clean up my line quality. 



No comments:

Post a Comment