Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mood Board Portfolio Site



There are a few things in particular that I know I would like to pull from this mood board into my portfolio site. One is the bold font choices and the play with hierarchy throughout the site. This can easily been seen is the size relations ships with the word "Drink" in the first poster, the year "1964" in the second, "is" in the third and all throughout the final poster along the bottom of the mood board.

I also really enjoy playing with negative space and the "clipping mask" look of design. In fact it is something I tend to play with a great deal in my own work and I feel it should be present in the design of my site. The women's silhouette being used to cut out a section of London is an example of this, however, I'm not entirely sure how I will try and incorporate this type of approach into my final design.

Lastly I really enjoy the color scheme of blue, brown and grey. It's present on my business card and I believe it is a color scheme I will use for my personal branding.

The final thing I may try and incorporate is the slight aging a lot of these pieces have to them, without distressing or distorting the image at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment